If you're running custom applications on legacy systems, modernizing your application environment can help you enhance competitive advantage while lowering operational costs. Whether your goal is simply to improve the workflow of a legacy application or to retool it into a set of reusable services, application modernization will position your business to address new requirements such as cloud computing, mobility and virtualization.
But there's one problem - modernization can be difficult without an end-to-end solution approach and experienced delivery partner.
At Unify LLC, we have developed a proprietary Migration Factory model that offers an Innovative application modernization approach driven by specialized teams working in an assembly line mode.
We can help your business:
- Better understand the applications, databases and processes that run in your data center today and map out a modernization strategy that is future-ready
- Reduce high infrastructure costs and streamline operations by identifying current industry standard re-hosting options
- Realize new initiatives and enhance agility by re-architecting legacy applications to modern architectures such as Java and .NET
- Upgrade your existing enterprise applications to the latest version or migrate them to more efficient platforms
Our Modernization Methodology includes:
- Develop an application modernization strategy designed to meet your organizational needs within your specified time frame.
Options may range from:
- Wrapper approaches like Screen scraping that retain legacy dependency while protecting your IT investments (low cost, low effectiveness)
- Partial re-write to remove pain points in phases (medium cost, medium effectiveness)
- Re-architecting (high cost, highly effective in positioning your application for future business needs)
- Data Migration strategies & options
- Capture, rationalize, and streamline your IT portfolio's business logic from existing codebase
- Analyze data model & data usage
- Develop application and database design for the target technology platform
- Build and migrate data
- Documentation and User Training
Verify & Validate using various testing techniques
- Comparison testing
- Production parallel runs
- User acceptance testing